Here is some information to aid our volunteers while they help out KPFZ:
- Before you file a formal application you should contact the Program Director, Chloe Karl (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your interests and how you might fit in.
- If you wish to proceed, read the documents below - particularly those marked "Important", and the "Programmer Guidelines".
- Then fill in the Program Application Form and send it as an email attachment to ProgramDirector@kpfz.org This document will go to the Program Committee. If your proposed show is accepted the Program Director and Station Manager will assign it a slot in our schedule .
Web Editor documentation is on the "Admin" tab of this page.
Studio Board Operator: if you can program a digital clock radio then you can learn how to be a board operator! We will train you on how to do it.
- Covid Studio Policy 9/9/2020 <== IMPORTANT
- Kpfz Policy on Programmer Respect and Decorum <== IMPORTANT
- KPFZ 88.1 FM Lakeport On-Air (Programmers) Guide (View and download PDF file)
- For our Board Operators: What Makes Radio Tick -- Notes from a Mendocino College class in radio
- Emergency Broadcasting Protocol
A guide to call-in hosts -- set up a conference call for co-hosts -- then one line will always be open for call-ins
See the Instructions for Android and Iphone
Programmer Reporting Pages :
- FCC PIF Tab : Public Inspection file Issues List and Program List
- Spinitron Tab : Report on music played in a two-week period each quarter
LCCR Board Application
- The LCCR Board Application is available HERE. The term of a board membership is two years. Thus elections of half of the entire board are held annually: existing members can re-apply. However, if there are open seats they can be filled at any time. You can call the office to inquire -- or use the contact form -- select the "Board" category.
Email accounts at kpfz.org (eg webmaster@kpfz)