KPFZ 88.1 FM
Lake County Community Radio
If the FM signal is stuttering or down, try the Live Stream.
Join Bibiana Love and Chloe Karl, today, 10/11/21 at 5 pm, on the "Natural Health Hour." Our special guest is Michael I Jones, PhD, Forestry Advisor for Cooperative Extension. He will discuss forest health and drought. He will talk about the challenges that exist in CA forestry today. Don't miss this important interview. Callers at 707 263-3435. KPFZ, Lake County Community Radio, 88.1 fm, streaming at kpfz.org.
Wednesday 10/13/21 on HARD CANDY RADIO! We will celebrate and Interview Ginger Coyote ! It will be a birthday party on the air! Listen in ! Listen in 7 pm to 9pm pst! Kpfz.org 88.1 fm.
Wordweavers : Two recent pre-recorded shows are now on-line.
- From August 1, Georgina Marie HERE
- From Sept 4, Jenny and Knox -- talking about art and poetry and life! THERE
John Moorhead has two new shows, taking over from "The Jazz. The first program is "Jerry's Kids" - an hour of the Grateful Dead, and the alternating program is "Muse and Music" a one hour program that focuses on specific artists, genres and albums with music and background information. (Pop Booth is preparing a new 2-hour show ... stay tuned.)
Don Coffin returns with Bluegrass Traveller, Thursdays 7 am, replays Sunday 7 pm.
Ariel Carmona (of the Record Bee) has a talk show "Dateline Lake County" in the Wednesday 9 am time slot, and replays Wednesday 12 pm. On days that Ariel can't be on air Andy will do ... something, probably from the archives.
Lake Currents with Bob Blackmore is replaced by a new 2-hour slot on Friday, 9 pm: Blackmore's Jungle
Kitchen Sink, the 2-hour music show with Dave, moves from Monday afternoon, to Monday 7 pm, replays Tuesdays 7 am. For the time being Dave will have TWO Kitchen Sink shows.
The Friday lineup is also changed -- from 2pm we have APlace2B, Pastor Chris and Now and Then.
On Saturday 2-4 pm, Pot Pouri is replaced by Listen to the Music with John Moorhead.
Programmers : Announce your upcoming shows here via email or use the Contact Form for "Web Editor" and we will set it up for you.
Lake County Community Radio, Inc
Special Meeting Agenda
October 7, 2021 | 6:15 PM—7:15 PM
Please check the KPFZ.ORG website for zoom meeting
access information, posted 24 hours prior to the meeting.
Call Meeting to Order
2. Public Comment: Any item not on the agenda can be presented. Items not on the
agenda are not for discussion or action. There is a 2-minute allowance for these items.
3. Fund Raising Proposal, 10/30/21: Roy Zimmerman Concert to benefit LCCR, INC.
a. Program Details: Herb Gura
i. Big Valley Hall
ii. 6:30 pm (doors open) to 10:00 pm (?)
iii. Proceeds - 50/50 split (Roy Zimmerman & Station)
iv. Tickets @ Catfish Coffee, Watershed Books, Herb or at the door.
v. $25 & 22.50/members
vi. Proof of Vaccine Required
vii. Food & Beverages To Be Sold
viii. ABC license (Linda Kelley)
ix. Insurance Rider (Susan Krones)
x. Volunteers Needed
b. Decisional: Board
4. Security Proposal for KPFZ Offices: Carry over from 2 prior meetings. Olga Martin Steele
5. Adjourn to October, 21, 2021, Regular Meeting
The Lake County Community Radio Board of Directors is accepting applications for Board positions of 1
and 2-year terms.
To apply, download a blank application from the kpfz.org website and mail to LCCR, Inc., PO Box 466,
Lakeport, CA 95453, postmarked by October 22. Elections will to be held at the November 18, 2021,
Up to 11 Board positions are authorized. Generally, Board members serve 2-year terms unless members
Currently open are 3, one-year term and 1- two-year term Board positions.
Additionally, 5 Board members are up for re-election. Board members who wish to serve another 2-year
term must re-apply.
The LCCR, Inc. Board welcomes applicants who:
• love community radio;
• have the time and energy to invest in its management, including serving in leadership positions
and on standing and ad hoc committees, and attend regular and special Board meetings;
• are willing to lead or participate in fund raising to keep the air waves open for current and
future generations of listeners;
• have attended board meetings and/or have volunteered on ad hoc or standing Board
• will follow, encourage, and enforce FCC and station policies, standards, and guidelines.
The LCCR, Inc. is an all-volunteer working board. We need results-oriented members skilled and
experienced in one or more of the following areas:
• leadership, team/consensus building and meeting facilitation.
• accounting, budget setting and financial management;
• technology, database management, and website construction;
• data entry and record keeping;
• public relations; policymaking; or other business-related skill sets.
Applicants must be willing to work cooperatively with diverse interests; understand the fundamentals of
working with an all-volunteer nonprofit organization; and able to set aside personal interests for the
good of the whole.
If you have any questions send an email using the contact form on the www.kpfz.org website and/or
contact Board President Olga Martin Steele at 916-849-8170.