LCCR (KPFZ) TELEPHONIC/ZOOM Board Meeting Thursday June 18, 2020 6:15-8 pm

The agenda will be posted later.  

The minutes from May are in the first comment.  They do not become final until approved by the board.
The DRAFT of the Agenda is in comment 2.  

Post Type: 
archived
kpfz_weight: 
0

Comments

LAKE COUNTY COMMUNITY RADIO

Meeting Minutes

May 21, 2020

I.      Call to order at 6:15 by President Olga Martin-Steele.

II.                 Board Members Present: Roberta Actor, Doc Bilardi, Ron Green, Chloe Karl, Linda Kelly, Susan Krones, Jaclyn Ley, John Moorhead, John Saare, Olga Martin-Steele

Absent: Jim Brown

General Manager:  Andy Weiss was present. This meeting was conducted via ZOOM due to COVID-19 Emergency

Guests: Butch 

Public Input:   None.   

III.      Approval of Minutes –The minutes from the last regular meeting on 4/16/20 approved.

IV.      Treasurer’s Report – Actor made a report.  We have a balance of approximately $12,000.00 but about $3,300 are from ticket sales for the MoonAlice Concert that had to be postponed.  We still have $8,500 in a savings account which is STL money but we have not started that project yet.  We need to reduce our expenses where we can.  Andy and Olga will talk to Ross about reducing our rent. Linda Kelly and John Moorehead offered to call programmers who have not paid their membership yet this year.      

V.       General Manager’s Report –   Weiss made a report.  a. Wants to expand music programming, especially in the evening.  There was a discussion about having some additional programmers coming into the studio in the evening to do their show in person or continue to expand music shows by programmers learning to pre-record shows from home.  Krones and John Saare are willing to help programmers to pre-record.  It was agreed that we will continue to expand pre-recorded shows and continue to limit the number of people at the station.      

VI.      Committee Reports: 

a. Program Committeea.  There are no new shows at this time.  The NRCB is offering training in June for free.  b. Bylaws change postponed to next month.   

b. Underwriting – Roberto and Susan Lozano continue to contact underwriters to see if they will continue.  Franklin Ley said recorded several new announcements. 

c. Tech Report – John Saare reported.  a. The office computer needs to be upgraded to windows 10. b. Saare suggests using Drop Box as an easy way to share documents and archive documents as well.  It is $120.00 a year. This would not be able to archive our audio files however.  c. There was a question about how to install STL equipment.  John will talk to Andy about that.    

d. Fundraising / Events:  a. MoonAlice concert for 4/25/20 had to be rescheduled to 8/29/20 due to COVID-19 but we don’t have a venue for it right now because we don’t know when event such as concerts will be able to resume.   

   e.  Website:  a.  Alan Fletcher – no report was submitted.  

VII.     New Business: a. Butch said he is willing to continue doing roving reporting for fires.  Someone would still need to be at the station to broadcast as well. 

Next Meeting will be Thursday, 6/18/20 @ 6:00 pm via Zoom.         

Adjournment- 8:05 p.m.

Minutes submitted by:  

Susan Krones, Secretary

** NOTE : This is a DRAFT **

1. CALL TO ORDER
2. WELCOME/INTRODUCTIONS
3.  MINUTES
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
VISITORS MAY SPEAK FOR UP TO 2 MINUTES ON ANY ITEM NOT ON THE AGENDA.  For items on the AGENDA, SPEAKERS WILL BE ASKED TO HOLD THEIR COMMENTS UNTIL THE ITEM IS TAKEN UP BY THE BOARD.       
5. TREASURERS REPORT – ROBERTA ACTOR
   1. Financials
   2. Cost cutting, rent & utilities
6. GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT – ANDY WEISS
   1. Daily operations
   2. Schedule expansion – 7 – 9 pm?
   3. Silent Fund drive
   4. other
VII.    COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. PROGRAM COMMITTEE – CHLOE KARL
   1. PROGRAM CHANGES
   2. NEW PROGRAMS
   3. PROGRAMMER DUES/OTHER
2. UNDER WRITING REPORT - ROBERTO/SUSAN LOZANO
3. DATA BASE/PRIORITIES - JOHN SAARE 
4. MOON ALICE CONCERT, RON GREEN
5. Membership
VIII.  NEW BUSINESS 
1. FUNDRAISING 
2. OTHER        
IX.        ADJOURN TO JULY 16, 2020 MEETING