March 14, 2020
The LCCR, Inc. Board is implementing the following actions in response to the COVID-19, aka novel coronavirus:
1) The station will be closed – only pre-recorded shows will play – on Sunday, 3/15 & Monday, 3/16. During this time, we will be doing a
thorough cleaning. The doors to our offices and broadcasting studio will be locked at all times.
2) The station will go on a reduced schedule effective on Tuesday, March 17, from 9 am to 7 pm until further notice.
3) During this time, only designated people will be allowed into the station. There will be no programmers, board members or guests in the station offices and broadcasting studio.
4) During the reduced schedule, there will be no music programs, only talk programs on air under specified conditions as in #5.
5) From 9 am – 6 pm, a single volunteer board operator will be in the studio to host regular talk programs via phone. Democracy Now will be automatically aired from 6 – 7 pm, after which the station will go off air.
6) If Talk Programmers elect not to conduct their regular programs via call in, the Board Operator will take responsibility to provide news updates about the COVID-19 matter and other important news updates. We urge listeners to call in and engage with the Board operator.
7) Experienced Board Operators familiar with talk show programming are being contacted by Andy and Chloe to serve during this event. Once we know who the volunteer Board Operators will be, a schedule will be posted.
We will re-evaluate potential changes at our regularly scheduled Board meeting on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Thank you for your understanding. We will do our best to keep listeners informed while taking necessary precautions to keep us all as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Olga Martin Steele, LCCR, Inc., Board President
Webmaster's note : if Andy has computer access, he will try to set up replays outside of these 9am-7pm hours. We will post the emergency schedule as soon as possible.