LCCR (KPFZ) TELEPHONIC/ZOOM Board Meeting ** WEDNESDAY ** July 15, 2020 6:15-8 pm

*** NOTE : The meeting is WEDNESDAY JULY 15 ***
 

Lake County Community Radio, Inc.

149 N. Main Street | Lakeport, CA 95453 | 707-263-3640 | www.kpfz.org
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA: July 15, 2020, 6:15 pm – 8:00 pm

I. Call To Order
II. Minutes   The minutes for June 18, 2020 are in the comments to this post.
III.WELCOME/INTRODUCTIONS
IV.Public Comment
Visitors may speak for up to 2 minutes on any item not on the
agenda. If the item is on the agenda, speakers will be asked to
hold their comments until the item is taken up by the Board.
V. TREASURER REPORT – ROBERTA THOMAS
VI. GENERAL MANAGER REPORT – ANDY WEISS
1) Silent fund drive
2) Station Health & Safety – COVID 19
3) Fire Season – Coverage
4) Station back up in Power Outages
5) Other
VII. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1) PROGRAM COMMITTEE – CHLOE KARL
a) New Programs/Program Changes
b) Program Committee structure
c) Programmer Communication
i) Jaclyn Ley
ii) Linda Kelley
d) Other
2) Underwriting Status Report - Lozanos
3) Website Report – Alan Fletcher
4) Database - John Saare
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
IX NEXT MEETING/ ADJOURNMENT
 

Post Type: 
kpfz_weight: 
0

Comments

LAKE COUNTY COMMUNITY RADIO

Meeting Minutes

June 18, 2020

I.      Call to order at 6:18 by President Olga Martin-Steele.

II.                 Board Members Present: Roberta Actor, Ron Green, Chloe Karl, Linda Kelly, Susan Krones, Jaclyn Ley, John Saare, Olga Martin-Steele

Absent: Doc Bilardi, Jim Brown, John Moorhead

General Manager:  Andy Weiss was present. This meeting was conducted via ZOOM due to COVID-19 Emergency

Guests:  Alan Fletcher

 Public Input:   None.   

III.      Approval of Minutes –The minutes from the last regular meeting on 5/21/20 approved.

IV.      Treasurer’s Report – Actor reports that we have a balance of $16,290 as of 5/31/20.  About $3,300 of this money is from Moon Alice presold sponsorships.  We received a pledge for a large donation from one person. We received $4,800 income through our membership drive.     

V.       General Manager’s Report –   a. Request for reduced rent.  Olga and Andy had a meeting with our landlord.  We have not heard back yet if our rent will be reduced. b. We are switching over to Direct TV for our phone but we will also have direct TV we can access.  We are getting a package bundle that will be less than our current phone bill that will save us $3,300 a year.  c. Our STL project is on hold right now.  d. Studio Safety – more people are just stopping by the station.  For safety reasons this is not acceptable.  Doors should be locked and only approved limited people should be coming to the station right now and until further notice.  Karl will send out a letter to programmers to that effect.  To remain open to be on the air we need to self-certify that we are taking precautions so that is why we have to limit the number of people coming in.       

VI.      Committee Reports: 

a. Program Committee – Karl reported.  a. We are beginning to add evening shows.  Karl will send out a letter to programmers about how to work with the programmer who is in the studio when calling in to do a show.   b. A live performance of Romeo and Juliet will be on the air at the end of July.  

b. Underwriting – No report.     

c. Tech Report – John Saare reported he will be sending out thank-you letters to those who donated.  It was agreed there is no need to send out membership cards for this year.  We are transferring to a new credit card company: net-cheaper which will save us money on fees.  

d. Fundraising / Events:  a. MoonAlice concert is cancelled. Green will contact sponsors to see if they want a refund or are willing to donate the money they paid for sponsorship tables.   

   e. Website:  a. Alan Fletcher reported we had two outages.  He is changing our emergency level to yellow.  Our FCC Public file information is due July 9. 

VII. a. Jacklyn Ley has agreed to set up an appropriate music to coordinate with the fireworks down in Clearlake on the 4th of July.  She will coordinate this with Bruno Sabatier. 

Next Meeting will be Thursday, 7/16//20 @ 6:00 pm via Zoom.    (Note this has since been changed to Wednesday July 15 at 6:00pm via zoom.)      

Adjournment- 7:50 p.m.

Minutes submitted by:  

Susan Krones, Secretary