Update on Resuming Live Radio Programming & COVID Protocol
At a Board meeting on January 12, 2022, the Board took action to update the current COVID Studio Protocols.
Subsequently, Station Manager Andy Weiss determined it was appropriate to resume live radio programming effective on Thursday, January 13, 2022. In addition to other in station COVID guidance please observe the following:
Use your own microphone, including Board Operators and co-hosts/guests. If you do not have a microphone, we will provide to you at no cost. Request one from Andy Weise. Until you receive your own microphone, use the microphone covers provided by the station.
- Per Chloe 1/19/21 : Use the provided Microphone Covers
- If you are exposed to COVID, whether or not fully vaccinated, immediately report to Andy Weiss.
- If you have been exposed to COVID or have contracted COVID, do not come into the studio.
- When returning to the studio after exposure, a positive test, having contracted COVID and/or having been in quarantine, you must test negative prior to returning to the studio and clear your return with Andy.
- The General Manager may shut down the station for up to 24 hours if an exposed or infected person has been in the studio. Longer duration must be approved by the LCCR, Inc. Board of Directors.
- Any questions regarding these actions should be referred to General Manager, Andy Weiss. He can be reached at 707-263-3640. If you are unable to reach Andy, contact Program Director Chloe Karl at 707 889-7240.
The following additional actions were taken by the Board of Directors and will be implemented as soon as possible.
- Air filtration system(s) are being researched to help improve safety for programmers and other volunteers/guests.
- A system to better control who comes and goes into the station is being researched (e.g., keypads).
- Andy Weiss was authorized to spend up to $2,000 to implement safety measures.
- Costs exceeding $2,000 must be approved in advance by the Board.
Thank you to everyone who participated in helping to chart a better path forward as we all adjust to living with COVID in as safe as possible way.
Andy Weiss, Station Manager Olga Martin Steele, Chair, LCCR, Inc.